Our Catholic community is made up of the parishes of St Francis Xavier Frankston and St Johns the Evangelist Frankston East. We are vibrant and nurturing faith filled Catholic community that continues to grow and reach out, welcoming and encouraging all to contribute their individual talents so that the challenges presented by the society in which we live can be embraced.
The role is based at the Parish Office located at St Francis Xavier, Frankston. The Position is Part time, 20 hours per week. The working days are Wednesday to Friday of each week. The successful applicant will work with the Parish Priest, Assistant Parish Priest, Parish Secretary, and other volunteers. Terms and conditions are governed by the Archdiocese of Melbourne.
- Experience in providing a range of secretarial and office management services, including excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft’s office, particularly Word, Excel and Publisher. And one who is able to update the parish website.
- Ability to relate to a variety of people and develop sound working relationships, work with a spirit of generosity and achieve in a team environment.
- Ability to work to deadlines and be attentive to detail and quality service provision.
- Energetic and highly motivated with initiative and capacity to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Motivated to work for the Church and ideally possess a strong commitment to its practices and values.
- Be familiar with the Archdiocese operating system, Parish on Line (PACS) would be an advantage, however, training can be provided.
- Provide secretarial and office support services to the Parish Priest, including preparation of correspondence, taking of minutes, maintenance and filing of records, keeping an orderly office, answering the phone and welcoming visitors.
- Actively support the Parish Priest in the day to day operation of the parish ensuring a strong pastoral focus in the parish.
- Develop and maintain a sound working relationship with volunteers and coordinate the volunteer groups where necessary. Maintain Contacts list.
- Assist Parish Priest with church bookings for weddings, funerals, baptisms, mass intentions and any other appointments required by the Parish Priest.
Other Relevant Requirements
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check (new Check required)
- Valid Driver Licence
- Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 15th June, 2020. Please submit a cover letter along with a current resume.
- For further information, contact Suzette Diaz, HR Partner on (03) 9926 5615
The Archdiocese is committed to the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and vulnerable adults